Best Malaysia Fixed Deposit (FD) Accounts right now

Affin Bank steps into the spotlight with its Banca Deposit Campaign, a unique blend of banking and insurance products offering extraordinary rates such as 12.88% for a 1-month tenure and up to 28.88% for certain insurance-linked deposits. This campaign caters to both single and regular premium customers, with minimum deposits starting at RM10,000 for regular contributions.

Strategic Savings for New Banking Customers
Alliance Bank targets new customers with its Alliance Privilege FD/TD-i and Personal TD-i promotions, both offering a solid 4.10% rate for a 6-month period. Additionally, they introduce an innovative approach for investment-savvy individuals through their New Investor campaign, promising an attractive 9.50% rate for those engaging with selected unit trust products.

Comprehensive Offers Across Various Banks
Bank Islam presents its MaxCash and TDT Extra Campaigns, providing rates up to 5.50% for a 6-month deposit period, highlighting the appeal of Islamic banking products. Meanwhile, Bank Simpanan Nasional's Term Deposit-i bundled with the BSN SSP Platinum campaign offers a notable 5.70% rate for a similar tenure.
CIMB Bank and Hong Leong Bank each offer a variety of eFD/eFD-i promotions with rates fluctuating around the 3.55% to 3.75% mark, catering to both short-term and medium-term savers. These promotions are designed to attract online banking users, with CIMB offering additional rates for funds transferred via FPX.

Exclusive Deals for Premier Customers
HSBC Bank distinguishes itself with special promotions for new Premier customers, providing rates up to 6.00% for USD Time Deposits, contingent on the investment in additional banking products. This strategy showcases the bank's effort to integrate wealth management services with traditional deposit products.

Innovative Bundling Strategies
Public Bank and RHB Bank break the mold with their bundling campaigns, combining fixed deposits with investments in unit trusts, bancassurance, or direct bonds. These bundles not only offer higher interest rates but also diversify the investment portfolio of their customers.

Monthly Highlights and Observations
This month, Islamic Fixed Deposit products continue to outshine their conventional counterparts in terms of interest rates offered. Special mention goes to MBSB Bank's Junior Term Deposit-i and Agrobank's Fixed Return Investment Account-i 45 Plus, catering specifically to younger and senior savers, respectively. The highest rate observed this round-up is a 3.45% annual return offered by Bank Rakyat for a 12-month term, with Al Rajhi Bank presenting the lowest at 2.65% for a 1-month term.